March 20th, 2014 11:20 AM by AJ Gentry
With warmer weather undoubtedly on it's way, the housing market is poised to catch FIRE! It's no secret to any REALTOR® or home shopper that the market is short on inventory. Homes on the Kansas side of the state line are selling in a matter of days with multiple offers and Missouri isn't far behind. It's not time for buyer's to sit on the fence, if you like a home, you need to step up to the plate with an offer quickly or that house will be gone in the blink of an eye.
All this information means sellers, it's time to get that house on the market. Get those Spring projects out of the way and get in touch with us to list your homes TODAY!
Here's a snapshot of the information our friends at the Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS® and Heartland MLS have put together based on February 2014 data for the Kansas City area:
• February 2014 average sales price for new & existing homes combined (167,496) is 3 percent higher than February 2013.
• There were 1,629 homes sales (new & existing combined) for February 2014 - little change from February 2013 (1,622).
• Home inventory (new & existing combined) for February 2014 is down 4 percent compared to February 2013.
• Pending sales for new and existing homes combined were 7 percent lower for February 2014 (1631) vs. February 2013 (1,757).
• The supply of new and existing homes for February 2014 is 4.5 months; lower than February 2013(5.1). A 4.5 month supply represents seller’s combined home market.
You might be asking, how can the market be so hot, when the sales were basically flat - consider the fact that there are less homes on the market, which means buyers have less choices and may not be able to find what they are looking for; in short, buyers might be waiting for YOUR HOUSE to be listed. Give them the chance to find the house of their dreams by getting your home on the market TODAY.
Our marketing plan works. Follow our suggestions and we will sell your home quickly!